- Ballet students must take a minimum of 2 classes per week with the exception of students in Pre-Ballet and Beginning Ballet 1.
- New students with previous experience must take a placement class.
- Promotion is based on individual merit and is at the discretion of the director.
- Classes begin promptly; please be punctual.
- Missed classes can be made up any time between September and June. The summer program is separate.
- Students are expected to have a positive attitude toward learning and be respectful of their teachers and peers.
- Students must inform the school if they have to miss class or rehearsal.
- Students should be picked up promptly after class.
- Hair must be secured neatly in a bun.
- Earrings and jewelry are not allowed.
- Gum chewing is not permissible.
- Each winter our non-profit organization, IBE, presents The Nutcracker with the Donetsk Ballet of Ukraine. Participation in this performance is optional and is by audition only. Auditions are held in June and September. Rehearsals begin in the fall and are held on Sunday evenings.
- The spring concert is for the entire student body
- Participation in these performances is contingent on adequate class and rehearsal attendance and is at the discretion of the director. Students must inform the school if they have to miss class or rehearsal. Students will not be permitted to perform if there are more than three unexcused absences once rehearsals have begun.
- Recital Fee - In order to participate in the spring concert, each family must pay a recital fee of $96 which is due by March 15. Each family will receive 8 tickets to the performance and can purchase additional tickets, if necessary.
- All fees must be paid in full in order for your child to perform.
|Ballet||Pink tights, pink ballet shoes|
|Pre-Ballet||Pink leotard, pink tights|
|Elementary||Royal Blue leotard, pink tights|
|Beg. thru Adv.|| |
Black leotard, pink tights
|Boys Ballet||Black tights, white T- shirt, dance belt, black or white ballet shoes (young boys may wear shorts)|
|Jazz||Leotard, tights, jazz or ballet shoes|
|Tap||Leotard, tights, tap shoes|
|Hip Hop||Loose clothing, jazz sneakers|
|Yoga||Loose clothing, yoga mat|
|Modern||Leotard, tights, bare feet|